Every Thursday, Esther and Gax host a spaghetti dinner at their house. It's kind of a hodge podge of their acquaintances, mostly expats, and it's awesome because it means I don't have to worry about dinner one night a week. Anyhow, many of those who come are volunteers with an organization called Free Burma Rangers, or FBR. I've been trying to figure out the situation in Burma for a while and after asking Esther about it she showed me this video that kind of explains it in seven minutes. It's a bit graphic I'm afraid, but I thought it was important to share. The music was written and performed by Esther's daughter and son-in-law.
http://www.freeburmarangers.org/
4 comments:
That was really powerful...and really helpful. Have I told you I have two Burmese refugee students in my history class?
Our hearts break seeing the trauma to a people who only want to live free. And Burma is just one of many countries who have such repression and persecution. Makes us long for our Lord's return when all things will be made right.
Wow Heidi. Thanks for sharing. That is tough, but it's important to expose the hard truth that otherwise goes unnoticed. They did well to explain what happened, show the dreadful consequences, but also show the possibility of hope out of the situation.
It is pretty sobering. One of the students here lost his dad when he was 12 because his dad was killed by the Burmese military. I'm sure he's not the only one.
Post a Comment