January 25, 2011

I have the best friends in the world...

It's true. I am so blessed to have so many awesome people in my life. I miss every single one of you but it's so great to see what happens with everyone, even when we live in very different parts of the world. Excuse the sappiness but I got the most wonderful package in the mail yesterday. I had to go to Esther's for a meeting and I was immediately accosted by Gax. "Heidi! What's this!?" he yelled "It looks like an LP Record!"

"It says Wall Decoration..." I mumbled, a slow smile spreading across my face as I read who it was from. I opened the envelope to discover this. Thank you sam!!! At first I wasn't going to publicly embarrass you, but it's such a creative gift I couldn't help it.



 You can't really see, but the record is of a Bach cantata, all in German and features Dietrich Fischer-Diskau. For the record (no pun intended), the only reason I know who that is is because of Music History II with Dr. strauch. Anyhow, it is pretty amazing and pretty much made my day. somehow things like this have a way of arriving on the exact days that I need a little extra encouragement. so thank you sam. Everyone was pretty amazed. It's funny because over Christmas Gax and I discovered a mutual love for Bach and he dug out some recordings for me. Plus it gave me an excuse to talk about all of the great people in these pictures. It seems like it is so rare to find solid friends like the ones I have. I have been totally spoiled with so many great relationships! You guys rock my socks.

5 comments:

Sam said...

Glad it made it! Only a solid month late after Christmas. I bought the record at a Whitworth Library booksale one year, so who knows what music history greats have touched that vinyl. ;)

Allison said...

That is awesome! Clever too.

Jenny said...

You are both amazing:)

Sara MacPherson said...

Ohmigosh Sam! What a marvelous idea! You are so great :-)

Katrina said...

This totally made my day just seeing this now! It's like an elbow touch on an evening when I was particularly missing the SMC. Well done Sam. You've made us all happy in one fell swoop. And Heidi - the worst part of my computer woes is not gmail chatting with you. Email to come.