Which brings me to yesterday, when both of my English classes were cancelled due to the fact that today is a public holiday. I found myself with a lot of extra time and not much to do. In the course of my boredom, I ran across this gem, a collection of haiku about cats. Yeah, don't ask. Anyhow, I was inspired to write a series of haiku about my experiences with cockroaches in Thailand. I'd never written a haiku before, but I solved that problem by reading a wikihow article. Okay, so they're not legit haiku. The point is, it kept me busy.
My sworn enemy
is brown with icky long legs,
it scuttles around.
Cockroach on the floor.
Me on my desk, throwing things --
limited success.
I will kill it dead
with my shoe on the broomstick.
Crap, where did it go!
Behind the toilet
it waits for me to sit down --
I put on shoes first.
It goes down the drain.
I put a bowl over top --
the bathroom is wet.
And I even wrote one in spanglish:
La cucaracha
ya no puede caminar
porque yo smasho.
![]() |

5 comments:
Paper to write-ugh.
Read Heidi's post about pests.
It made me smile.
Guess I'll leave the haiku writing to you. :) Good luck with the cockroaches, my friend.
How I miss my friends.
Funny reflections on life
make mine seem less bleak.
Ok, I guess mine is an emo-haiku. Is that allowed? Thanks for the study break.
You guys are great.
Those are great Haiku. I have the same irrational fear of most things rodentia. (disease carrying vermin, ukhh!)
I absolutely love your Spanish ode.
Post a Comment