May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Music Post

First of all I want to say, Happy Mother's Day Mom! Thank you for being the best mom ever. 





Perhaps you are wondering why this week's music post is "The Final Countdown." Well, the reason is one of the following:


a) It was the only song epic enough for Mother's Day
b) It isecretly my favorite piece of music ever
c) I accidentally posted the wrong link
d) I will have a new niece or nephew this month! 


The answers are of course "a" and "d." My brother and sister-in-law are due to have their second baby this month and  I'm super excited! After chatting with sam I realized that I may not have made people aware enough of this fact. so prayers and best wishes go out to Eric and Jenny as they prepare for this next step of parenthood!


(Coincidentally, as I wasearching for a music-only clip of this on YouTube, I ran across this arrangement featuring head-banging cellistssadly, I don't think it's tongue-in-cheek. Just when I thought musicians couldn't get any more weird.)

3 comments:

Charity said...

Re: cellists. Oh my gosh, they're all so into it that it's embarrassing. Especially the brunette guy on the left with the hipster glasses. But I think my favorite Final Countdown cover is still the weird Finnish one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjqojIjdVuo

Heidi said...

Wow, what the heck? Maybe I don't want to go to Finland after all...

Charity said...

Yeah, did you like that keyboardist who wasn't even trying? And the weird little animation of the guy bleeding out? Bizarre to say the least.