The Thai calendar marks the beginning of the current era from the birth of Buddha instead of the birth of Christ. Thus I am 543 years ahead of all of you. And fifteen hours. My New Year's Eve was fairly low key and not nearly as fun as going to First Night, but better than last year. I ended up going to a "cheese and wine" party hosted by the youth pastor of the church I am currently attending. It was good to be out in a different social circle and afterwards I managed to catch the fireworks show down at Ta Pae gate.
And now, to kick off the new year, here is some Oscar Peterson. He is pretty much my hero. My New Year's resolution is to become as good as this. Just kidding, that is impossible. But I hope that this serves as an inspiration to excel in whatever you do this coming year. Best wishes to all of you and blessings on all your endeavors in 2011. Or 2554. Whichever you prefer.
4 comments:
Happy New Year! Hooray for Excellence.
That is so marvelous. Thanks for sharing, Heidi. I was just listening to the jazz station on my way home from New Year's festivities and thinking of you! Blessings on your new year, both 2011 and 2554.
I'm getting caught up on your posts for the past week. I thought I told you about Margie Mae Ott and Payap/Chang Mai. I guess not.
Happy New Year, Heidi! Similar to Katrina's comment, I was having a discussion about Beethoven's Ninth with a friend today and she asked me a question I did now know the answer to (shocking, I know :P haha), and I was thinking if only Heidi were here-- she'd know. :)
Post a Comment